Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I've Got to Get to Work!

Last week at this time, I was putting the finishing touches on my lesson plans. Different week, different story. I've been cutting up, napping, snacking, you name it. Basically, I've done EVERYTHING but get my work done. See, I'm even blogging rather than working. I need to see a counselor. Why don't I do what I know I SHOULD be doing?!?

Wow, my ADD just took me to the shower and now I'm back. I just think I'm too tired to do what I need to do. I've got to take care of myself better or better care of myself. Sometimes, I'm just so exhausted, I just don't really care. How sad is that?!? I guess I need to pull myself up out of this funk.

Did I mention sitting out last night at a baseball game for about three hours? It was bitterly cold, for South Georgia. Our boys did pretty well. One of my calculus kids hit one out of the park. He should play in college. He's a pretty good kid, most of the time! My students all have their days. When I woke up this morning, my knee was a little hinky. I'm not sure if it's the 200+ pounds on my frame or sitting out in 38-degree weather!

Supermom and The Child have gone to Bubba and Granny's this weekend, so it's awfully quiet around here. I find myself sitting here listening to Rick and Bubba and wondering what I'm going to do for dinner. I think I may make a pot of pasta sauce and have some of the whole-wheat pasta, not sure.

I need to stop procrastinating and slog through some of this lesson plan business. That's what I'm declaring that I'm going to do.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm all over what your saying here. I just spent some quality time on the couch and can't wait to get back to it. It would have been a better nap had a 5 year old not been bouncing around on the couch.