Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Graduation Night

How about this tray? This was the piece de resistance at our graduation party for faculty and friends. Snoopy, Fiona, and I put this together. Doesn't it look great?!? Who knew that for about 1/2 the price of the purchased tray, you can have an AMAZING tray with better quality stuff on it.


That's secondary, however. What's most important is that we had graduation last night. In our graduation, we have a rose ceremony during which the kids can give a rose to the people sitting in the "positions of honor." Mostly, that includes parents or step parents. After they made their way through the parents, they came back and a lot of the kids came back to hug Snoopy, Fiona, some others, and me. It's one of the things I love most about teaching high school students. Usually and eventually, that light that comes on and they do appreciate you, whether they pass or fail. They know who is there to help and support and who is there to receive a check. I love my babies and wish all graduates of 2008 the best!


I just spent the evening babysitting The Child. He is SO funny. We watched Evan Almighty, which is a little above the level of a 2 1/2-year old. He did enjoy the animals and the end. During the credits, when they are playing the C + C Music Factory song, he REALLY enjoyed all the silly dancing.


I'm going to bed now (9:52ish), so I'll holla back atcha later. Peace out girl and boy scouts.

No comments: