Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Walk/Jog, Ugh!

Okay, it's 84 degrees outside. So, a beginning jogger, I decide to go out at 1:30 for a walk/jog. Wrong. Boo. I am incredibly TIRED now. I wanted to do 4 or 5 miles, but could barely do 3.21. Tired. Actually, it's a good thing, because by the fall, I want to be able to run the 3.1 cross-country mileage in the heat of the afternoon, which will be in the high 90's. I'm not liking it now, but it'll come in handy later.



Also, I have a heart monitor. When I'm walking or sitting, it seems to register pretty fine. When I run, it is not accurate. Could it be my excess of fat or large boobage? I'm just not going to wear it for a while and see if it responds better when my weight is less.



Well, we just got back from the latest Indiana Jones installment. If you're looking for mindless entertainment, it'll work for you. The end of the movie is really a little much. It wasn't bad, but it was a little odd. Cate Blanchette is awesome as a Russian paranormal expert. Shia LaBoeuf is pretty cute too. But don't expect too much and you won't be underwhelmed.



After viewing the previews, must sees for the remainder of the summer include Kung-Fu Panda, Wall-e, and especially Wanted. Wanted is the Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman, and James McAvoy movie. James McAvoy's dad was an assassin and now they're pulling him into the family business. Did I mention Sex and the City? That's just an understood. Mr. Big, are you kidding me? He's irresistible.



Well, that's about all I've got. I've gotta make some pasta salad for a party for Dude and Hot Pant's farewell party. Enjoy your week!

Bless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So did you get a photo of that 5k finish?
I look at runners and I so want to run.
I start running and I so hate it.