Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Little Update on the New Regime at my School

I'm a little worried about the title of this one. It looks weird without the "my" capitalized, but possessive pronouns are with prepositions in the you don't capitalize without it being the first word thing, right? Not sure about that, but whatever.

Regardless, (or as Snoopy is quick to say, irregardless, knowing she shouldn't) I thought I'd give y'all an update. Well, there were the visits to my room by the new principal that were the nightmare type. One, when I was screaming at the kids about not talking while I'm talking. The next day he came in and I was talking about how some people are happy/perky like our added counselor versus the cRaZy smiley, happy people who are so extremely happy they either are heavily medicated or should be heavily medicated. These people irk the snot out of me. Calm down people, you don't have to be "Shiny Happy People" at all times. (Now Furry Happy Monsters are a totally different thing!) Put a growl on your face from time to time, just to prove you're human, for crying out loud! A student once got written up at our school because we had a substitute that was a crazy smiler. He told the assistant principal at that time, "Go ahead and write me up. That lady's just too damn happy." I thought that was hysterical. Of course, just before the quote was when the principal came in. Now, I could have walked over to my awesome Smartboard and said something about degrees, but if you know me, you know I couldn't. So I tied the story up quickly and without the quote.

I have become accustomed to the personalities of the principal and the assistant principal in their roles. I think that there was just a lot of stress on everyone to do well. Roger that. My trig classes are already kicking hiney. There's been yelling, screaming, and gnashing of teeth, but that's just me. Anyway, things are going quite well. Hey, that reminds me, I need to do my lesson plans.

No comments: