Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stamp It "Redeemed"!



Okay, I'm not the hugest fan of NBA players. I did enjoy watching the NBA Finals this year, but overall I'm lukewarm. I AM, however, super geeked about the "Redeem Team" getting back the gold for the US today. The fact that these GREAT players had to band together to make sure that the gold was returned to the appropriate country is what is so awesome. Kobe is awesome. (There, I said it.) King James was impressive also, but the SOLID player for the USA was Dwayne Wade. When both the aforementioned superstars were benched due to early fouls, he picked up the team. He's such a quiet leader.


I would totally be remiss if I didn't also give MAJOR props to Coach Mike Krzyzewski. He is impeccable in all areas that are important for a coach. He has major credibility in his years of success. He has done what few others (Coach Wooden notwithstanding) have done. He's a West Point graduate for crying out loud. Seeing him singing the National Anthem (or maybe mouthing it) was so touching, I think I felt a tear. The picture of him with all the team members' medals was also incredibly awesome. You can tell the respect these guys have for Coach K. I am not a Duke fan, but I am a HUGE Coach K fan.
Congrats to BOTH USA b-ball teams. Well done, y'all!
Edit:
Sunday 7:52 - I'm wondering about my use of notwithstanding. So a check to m-w.com which only confused me more. I'm still not sure. I meant excluding John Wooden, so if notwithstanding is appropriate, then okay, if not, I don't know.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

RADEEM TEAM! Wahoo!

I have a feeling Wade is going to shine again this year... after a handful of injuries in the past year!