Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Thank You, Tropical Depression!

Well today was WAY awesome at school. All my blocks were scheduled for testing. Don't they say that God laughs at our plans? Well my fourth block was interrupted by, "Okay, y'all. Move to your tornado drill positions, only it's not a drill." Nice for a Friday afternoon. Well about thirty minutes later, we returned to our classes. My class said that there was no way I'd give the test. Well, I proved them wrong on that. Not because I'm mean, but because I wanted them to do as much as possible AND some of them will study over the weekend.

We wound up staying at school about 30 minutes over. You just can't, in good conscience, release children into a potential tornado. They can, however, act as if they've lost their ever-loving minds. I have attributed everything bizarre this week to the barometric pressure. Cuckoo-town.

I cleared my desk, mostly by putting it in my take-home bag. I dashed by Snoopy's and caught up with her, Fiona, and Shrek, grabbed my stuff and rolled home. I promptly spent a little time with The Child and fell into nap-time in bed. I got up around 9 and am now about ready to go back to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, the barometric pressure made eveyone nuts!