Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Exasperation . . . and then it was gone

I am so exasperated, or I was. Some changes have been made at my school, which do not affect my job directly, but do affect me personally. To be wise, I shan't mention the particulars except to question. . . Why do people use businesses and public entities for personal get-backs that run counter to the good of the business or entity? Why is this allowed? The public has no idea what kind of foolishness goes on behind the scenes in entities they have concerns with. Although, sometimes they do know and don't care.




Good is often rewarded with evil, but that doesn't mean that one should stop doing good. I will go on, with a smile on my face, thankful for all that I have and all the wonderful people I am allowed to work with. I am even thankful for the not-so-wonderful people I work with because I have faith that things will work out for good. The funny thing is, the "hurt" person will be fine. It's other innocents that will be adversely affected. But personal issues and vengeance is obviously more important than the innocents?!?




It is nice to at least know where evil people are. . .




All this fell into perspective after I flagellated about it all day yesterday. I got up and turned on the radio to ESPN Radio (Is there any other radio?!?). Of course, "Mike and Mike in the Morning" is usually the first thing I hear. Today is the V Foundation Auction Day. Jimmy V is Jim Valvano, who was the basketball coach of NC State from 1980-1990, among other things. He took his 1983 team to the NCAA National Championship. He died of cancer in 1993.




Two months prior to his death, he gave a speech when he received the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage at the ESPYs. The speech is INCREDIBLE. You should bookmark it. It will help you re-focus on occasions when you are misdirected and spinning out of control. He truly puts it all in perspective. Please watch and contribute to the Jimmy V Foundation, if you are so inclined.



Please check out Jimmy V.'s speech.






No comments: