Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Monday, July 21, 2008

One More Farm Parade Item & Drum Roll. . . Pittsburgh's Children's Museum

This truck was rolling on through the parade. I laughed when I saw the small sign below the tank.














Field of Dreams is one of my favorite movies. I like the license taken with the catch phrase from this movie.














After a bit of terror in downtown Pittsburgh and Snoopy lamenting that we weren't going to PFC Park, we were beckoned by fish on a stick. There were three to be exact, but here's one.












This is the Children's Museum. The back side is what must be a re-purposed Allegheny Post Office, or so says the historic places marker.



I really liked this detail on the former post office.

Okay, I have to tell you that I love Mister Rogers. It's almost to the point of obsession. I just know that he always liked me just the way I was and that was cool. Another cool thing was that he was the first person to introduce me to jazz, which I LOVE. My parents never played jazz in my house, so I don't know if I would've been so appreciative of it otherwise.

Mister Rogers memorabilia is located in a special part of the Children's Museum.

Here are his sneaks! I loved watching him take off his street shoes and put these on.

Made by his mom, Mrs. McFeeley, here is one of his zip-up sweaters!


I saw many a film on the illustrious (literally) Picture, Picture!

Oh yeah, it's the trolley.
As the placard says, here's the very gentle Daniel Striped Tiger. He was SO sweet. Notice he's wearing his watch!!!!

King Friday and Queen Sarah Saturday were there too!


Henrietta Pussycat has definitely seen better days, meow meow.


I'm still totally wigged out by Lady Elaine. Toot, toot!


My all-time favorite is X the Owl. He is SO kickin'.


Look at that expression on his face. Nobody rocks it like X! I think he's responsible for my elementary-school obsession with Ben Franklin.


The actual swing from his porch
The traffic light
The aquarium

Okay, I've totally indulged myself on this post, but the Children's Museum is WAY cool. More on that another time!

No comments: