Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Coming Up for Air

Okay, it's Wednesday. I'm coming up for air for just a minute. Our week is going as well as can be expected, considering the mania of prom this Saturday.

Our principal has left for a larger school. One of our assistant principals has resigned. She didn't get an interview for the open principal position. I am not sure why. According to the job description, she met the qualifications. At least one person was interviewed did not meet the qualifications of the job description. Politics is CRAP. I hate the way it effects education. Rarely do people in the trenches get asked to be involved in policy matters. So, if something is awry, teachers are usually stuck with it. The policy's been set in motion and law-makers seem to think that it'd be a mistake to change something. Grrrrrr!

I've got to get some lesson plans done, so I'll scoot for now.

Have a good rest of the week. Things are good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do you have a baby yet or not?

did Lieutenant's wife leave for the bigger school? I can't remember if she's principal or assistant.