Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring Breakin' It

Hi kids!



It's nice to not have anything really important to take care of. It's quite entertaining to be able to do what I want. This morning, because my car is being a bit unreliable, I took my sister to her practicum/field experience and then nephew to his daycare/school.



My foot is giving me some trouble, so I'm not going to the gym to see if I can get some relief. It's been a great foot for forty years. I'm not harboring any ill will towards it, since it's borne more than its fair share of weight for most of those years. I just wish it wouldn't pain me so. It feels bruised, but there's no bruise. I'm just hoping for the best.



I think I may spend some time this week planning my classes for the rest of the year. I can see the final destination for the '07-'08 school year. It's been pretty good. Our students did pretty well on the GHSGT (Georgia High School Graduation Test) for the most part, although the test seemed REALLY easy to me. I'm not sure what is going on at the Georgia DOE. I am excited about our new curriculum for next year, but am not sure about the tests. Are they just a formality? I mean it's good for me, since they are more simple, but why give a test that's SO easy. I'm not wanting my students to fail, and it is a basic skills test, but wow. There weren't many slightly difficult problems. Or maybe they were just really prepared? Hmmm.



I went to Chick-fil-A this morning. The dark roast coffee they have is quite tasty. It's nice to go to a fast food restaurant that really stresses customer service. I don't know if I've ever encountered a person who was disgruntled or unfriendly there. It's nice to be able to go somewhere and not be "helped" by someone who appears to be pissed off that I came to get some food at their restaurant.



This weekend was really good. Yesterday, I did essentially nothing. On Saturday, Mrs. C. and I went and worked out at 8 a.m. That is a great way to feel as if you've accomplished something on a Saturday. Then, since it was the one-year anniversary of a local book store, we stopped by to get some books. Well, I've wanted the Peter Walsh book Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat since I saw it. I special ordered it, since they didn't have it in stock. I also picked up a few other books and a Snuffleupagus for The Child. (To hear him attempt to say Snuffleupagus is delightful.) Anyway, I got a couple of other books and proceeded to the counter. The proprietor told me to pick a balloon to get my discount. I chose a lovely lavender balloon. When I opened up the discount paper attached to the balloon, it said 100%! I was overjoyed! the place is really good. They focus on service. And now, since amazon.com makes you wait a week-and-a-half to get your stuff for free and the discounts aren't THAT good, I've professed to patronize these folks. They charge nothing for special orders. They are the BOMB! After that, Mrs. C. and I enjoyed a fantastic latte with sugar-free caramel. I've never had that combo before, and HOW DELICIOUS! That afternoon, Granny and Bubba, Sr. came over to see The Child.


Well, I'm going to go pick up my sis from her school. More later . . . ?

10:53 a.m. Just got back from picking up sister. Stopped by Hippy Chick's salon to get some Bare Escentuals essentials!

The dude who runs our community did some mowing today. It's SO about time! When the dandelions are taller than a toddler, it's mowin' time.

I'm still reading In Cold Blood. It's good. They've finally found the killers and are interrogating them separately. So good. Creepy as can be though.

I'm looking forward to reading a book that they were giving away. They gave customers preview copies, since they can't sell them. The book I chose was The Somnambulist. It's really interesting. I'm still trying to make myself read Lonesome Dove. I'll pick it up, but can't seem to get into it. I guess it's just my normal deal of when somebody suggests something strongly, I have a tendency to NOT want to like it. I'm just "o'nery" that way.

Well, I'm gonna go see what I can polish off of In Cold Blood.

Peace out and pig snout.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOLY BOOKSTORE BATMAN!

I am soooo mad that I completely forgot about that 1 yr. anniversary! I was just in there Thursday and picked up "The Sneaky Chef" and "Home to Holly Springs" by Jan Karon. I have In Cold Blood checked out and am tryin to get around to reading it. I'm reading some of his more pleasant works like "Breakfast At Tiffany's"

It was sooo not offensive that you bought makeup. I had not even started clients yet when you guys came by. It was just interesting that on the makeup artist's day off, there were several people who came in this morning and there were only 3 of us to go 'round. Like I said, odd day. Not bad, just different.

You crack me up with your salutations. Peace and pig snouts to you, too...throw in some grease for good measure.