Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Five Things I Love

Because of this post, another one from me.

1. My nephew's laughter When he's watching one of his movies or when we play tickle monster, he has this laughter that comes from WAAAAAY down deep inside his belly. So hysterically funny.

2. My job I am miserable a lot of the time, but as when a student (whom I dearly loved BEFORE she asked me the question) asked me, "Can I ask you what I need to do to be a math teacher?" TOTAL bliss. It makes up for every ornery-tail I deal with. There are enough moments for me like this that it outweighs the bad.

3. A family that accepts me I am over forty. I am not married. I am not particularly hepped up on the idea or pursuing any behavior that will help me move in the married direction. My family doesn't seem to care. They let me be me.

4. AWESOME friends I have a group of friends that is small, but GREAT. They are nothing but supportive. Like my family, there is very little judgment, but there is the occasional, when it is needed, "Hey, do you hear yourself? You're talking crazy. Get down out of the bell-tower."

5. This week off from school I plan on working on my running for the Bridge Run 5k, sleeping a lot, and spending time with my family and friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I loved this post. Gotta think of mine. Does it have to only be five? :)
Love the original post, I checked that out and added her to my favorites.
(word verification:nosesse
Is that plural for nose? ;P)