Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I Agree with Barack Obama on at Least One Thing


Well, I voted for John McCain. I am quite conservative on some issues that I believe are most important. This being said, there is at least one thing I agree with Barack Obama on. We should have a playoff in BCS/NCAA football so that we can crown a definitive champion on the field of play. As it is now, depending on who beats whom, it may come down to conjecture. With last night's drubbing of Texas Tech by Oklahoma, more questions were presented than answers.

Actually, Alabama is still unbeaten. They still have the SEC championship looming in their future. They may beat Florida, who is expected to beat Florida State in their last game. If they do, they'll have made it unscathed through the not-as-brutal-as-usual SEC. But, with the way Florida has played so passionately lately, who knows what should happen. (I am one of those people who usually thinks that the SEC is the highest level of play, but admittedly this year has definitely been a down one.)

Even today, who will be higher in the BCS? Oklahoma or Texas? Texas beat Oklahoma in a head-to-head, but Texas was beaten by Texas Tech, who was DESTROYED by Oklahoma yesterday. Good luck sorting that out.

I'm a proponent of the top seven in the BCS poll getting into a play-off. Then eight and nine competing in a play-in game. I'm not sure why I like the idea of a play-in, but I do.

I think that college football is SO good, that a play-off system wouldn't be harmful to it. I would at least like an opportunity to see if it is the case.

Okay, I'm stepping down off my soap-box. I hope everyone has a really good week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have no idea what you just said. I still love you. Will you still be my friend?