Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Randomness


I've been enjoying my 4-day weekend. Today, I've done a good bit of home-keeping. I hate this. But, I watched something on Fine Living yesterday that I'd DVRed ages ago about cleaning and clutter. I also got a dose of How Clean Is Your House yesterday where Kim did a 5-minute clean up in a clean kitchen. I've got to get this place under control. I just don't have enough room, but am not in a financial position to get more space. So, I've got to get a handle on what I have here, perhaps getting rid of some stuff. Why is this process so painful? In the course of the past 10 years, I've moved from a 4-bedroom house to an apartment with a large downstairs living area and kitchen with the bedroom upstairs to a room, basically. I live with my sister (Supermom) and The Child. I love living here, but unless I am able to cull some more, I'm going to lose my mind. I suppose I should get the new book by Peter Walsh. I loved him when he was on Clean Sweep. This is a major issue that I seem to have going. Clutter is everywhere in my life, both at home and at work. My car isn't so bad, but then I'm riding with Dude a lot, so I'm not having an opportunity to junk it up.

I made a to-do list for the first time in a L-O-N-G time last night before going to bed. I am going to try to do this routinely. I know that this sounds hilarious to some folks who do this routinely. I am a procrastinator extraordinaire. I have managed to get several crossed off the list today. That is a very good feeling.

Well, along those lines, I must go now and finish up several of the items on my list.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm right there withyou, sister on the clutter. It doesn't matter the size of place you live in, I think it will get cluttered. I just don't seem to know how to use space efficiently. Plus... I need to cull. I think I am getting better. I'm going to try the to-do-list. I'm tired of wasted weekends with plans in my head that never materialize.