Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday and I'm Exhausted!

Well, the big news in my world is that dear friend and colleague, Snoopy completed the Tybee Island Half-Marathon yesterday. I am SO proud of her. She estimated that she'd take 2 hours and 30 minutes. Her time was 2:29! She SO rocks. It's truly awesome. Really awesome, not just me throwing around the word awesome indiscriminantly. I'm so impressed, I think I may be getting ready for a 5k. Just a 5k, I'm not interested in a half marathon for myself.


Also, on the way back, (Did I mention Fiona & I accompanied Snoopy to the race?) we stopped by the mall. Barnes and Noble damage! But the best thing ever is my new bag. I've been searching high and low, mostly online, but nothing I liked that was in my price range. I went into Belk at the mall yesterday, walked through all the Dooney & Bourkes, Aigners, Coaches, or whatever. Then, I saw it. A minty green satchel. It had light shining from above on it. It was the only one left. I swear I heard angels singing when I saw it. It had SILVER hardware! And the minty green was so light, it's a neutral. WOWSERS! I knew I had to have it regardless of the price. The bag was a Nine West, so I knew it wouldn't be outrageously priced. I checked the price tag: $75. Well, that was a little more than I wanted to pay, but $75 is not bad for the PERFECT bag, right? Well, I saw a sign that had this glorious information on it: Handbags 40% off! So, for under $50, I got the perfect bag. Color me ecstatic.


The grant proposal is still out there. We're still working on it. This thing is WAY difficult. I am NOT enjoying this. I am just repeating to myself, ELMO, ELMO, ELMO, Smartboard, Smartboard, Smartboard. These are my favorite items of the bounty we will receive if we get the grant. If we don't get it, then we don't.

Well, I went off the rails last week with eating AND with exercise. I'm going to try to get back on track today. Will do cardio and BodyPump.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

cute bag. =)

Unknown said...

missed bp to stay with a sick child so hubby could go to bp. miss you. pretty bag. I did B&N damage on Friday.