Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy Saturday!

Okay, I couldn't keep my eyes open at 9:15 last night, so I went to bed. I woke up at about 8:45 feeling as if I could take over the world. Now it's about 11:30 and I'm needing a nap. What illness do I have? I am SO sleep deprived, I suppose.

Last night we went back to the local Cajun-y hangout. I got a Bourbon Street Chicken Salad which was pretty tasty. My friends Fiona and Snoopy enjoyed happy hour to the max. I stuck with the ever-popular unsweetened tea. After, oh, about 8 glasses of that, I still fell out once I got home. Does caffeine lose its impact when you reach a certain age?

I have spent a good two hours watching videos on YouTube this morning. That site will suck your life right out of you. I started out watching Wynton Marsalis and Branford Marsalis. How can a family be so talented? I just love jazz and most classical. If you haven't seen it, there's a clip from Sesame Street with Hoots the Owl (Where did this bird come from? I'm a big Sesame Street devotee, but haven't ever seen him.). Anyway, don't ask me how, but I wound up watching Weird Al videos. He is a GENIUS. Listen to his lyrics. He has mad skills. I watched the White and Nerdy video, one where it's just him in front of a green screen and Donny Osmond doing that dancing and silliness that winds up in the video for just a few seconds. Very entertaining. "Whiter than sour cream" still makes me laugh out loud.

Well, it's Saturday, so the parents are coming over. They're almost here, so I'm gonna go get ready. Maybe more later, but if my history is any indication, probably not. I love Saturdays. Once college football starts, you can't get any better.

No comments: