Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Shake Request Granted

This is a version of the shake that Jackie Warner popularized with her Skylab project. I have modified it to suit my needs and my taste.


1 Tbs Maximum Greens Super Green Formula Complete
1 Tbs cold-pressed organic flax-seed oil
2 Tbs Super 2222 amino acid liquid
1 scoop whey protein powder
2 cups frozen berries of your choice

Add a cup, give or take, of water to your blender pitcher. Then add the first four items and put it on to blend. Then add your berries and blend until smooth.

I have recently become a devotee of the magnificent blueberry. If you buy the really big bags of berries, they seem to be more reasonable. And you know there's nothing worse than an unreasonable berry! I mean monetarily reasonable, of course.

At first I was tempted not to use the full 2 cups. Don't make this mistake. It takes the full 2 cups to counteract the taste of the Maximum Greens. I used to call this the grass-clippings shake and it wasn't affectionately. The shake will be almost undrinkable, for me anyway, unless you use the full 2 cups. I've used blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and the mixed berries. I really like blackberries and blueberries best, but they eke out the top spot just by a hair.

I usually drink mine around 5:30ish and have a Fiber One bar and I easily make it to my new 11:30 lunchtime. I actually have convinced myself that I feel better too. I take my multi-vitamin with it and I'm set for a day of slaughtering the dragon that is mathematical ignorance.


Also, I want to warn you that some of this stuff is a little pricey. I get all my stuff, with the exception of the berries, at my local GNC store. The investment is worth it. Once you get all your items, you're set for a month. Imagine eating at McDonald's or somewhere of that ilk for a month. It would cost more, not to mention how much it'd cost your health. I also recommend some bendy straws. Happy slurping!

No comments: