Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Personal Best (Not the Movie from the 80's)

I had an unbelievable day at the gym. I just went in to get a treadmill workout this afternoon. I thought I'd do 50 minutes of something. I decided that I'd do 5 circuits of 2 minutes walking, 2 minutes walking on a steep incline, then 2 minutes at 4.2 and 4 minutes at 4.0. I did the first 10 minutes and the walking of the second. I then decided that I'd run longer than the six minutes. Well, I did. I ran for the REST OF THE 50 minutes!

I'm really pleased because I felt kind of bad when I went out this week with the cross-country team. It was 98 degrees plus and humid. I wasn't able to jog a full mile. I guess that it builds endurance. Those conditions seem to have built stamina I didn't know I had. I felt fantastic. Afterwards, I felt as if I could have gone some more. I did a total of 3.37 miles, a personal best as far as distance is concerned.

A big yea me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GO YOU! I was wondering how your workouts were coming. My accomplishment of the week was going to 5:30am body pump and then walking on the treadmill for 30 min (at 4mph). Yea me too.