Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Homecoming

Hi! Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days, but anyway, here I am! It's been an exciting few days. Yesterday was homecoming for my school. It's one of the high points for teaching high school. The kids were really excited. They were really good. We had a court which was ALL really nice girls. In years past, we've had some that I really would have rather not won, but this year, all were okay.

I drove a tiny Solstice in the parade with two senior representatives up doing the pageant waving. I told them that the last time that I drove, one of the girls in my car had won. Well, there's magic in my driving, because again, the queen was in my car! She is a really nice girl who's not only very cute, but very conscientious in her studies and just an all-around good representative of our school. Her boyfriend, who graduated last year, asked me to drive carefully with her in the car. I assured him that we'd go no faster than about 8 mph, so she'd be pretty safe!

Our football team WON! We've won more this year than any year I've been at the school with the exception of my 1st year during which I had NO idea what was going on.

I haven't run since Sunday. I've gotta get back out there. Ugh, I don't really want to. It's yucky outside. I think I'll power nap first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah. I feel the same way you do about running today. So far I've avoided it. I even drove all the way across town in the heavy mist thinking the whole way how I didn't want to run in the dark and the rain. (It was almost 7am) I talked myself into going to the gym instead (which wasn't open yet--darn) I finally just went home and was much lighter in heart after that decision was made. I didn't see many over there anyway. Rainy weather isn't very inspiring. Hey, BTW. Check out www.myfooddiary.com. Heard of it?

teacherwoman said...

I feel like I should workout today as well... just because it's sunday and the weekend is when I have MORE time to workout and should never be a rest day. But, I might have to just can the workout and focus on cleaning, packing, and shopping for stuff for the new house...