Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Am Alive


I was a little frightened after my max mileage that I'd be really sore and tired today. Well, I'm happy to report the only casualties of my run yesterday were my calves. Oh, how they hurt!

I got up this morning and went to WalMart. And filled up the car. Less than $2.50 a gallon?!? So nice. At WalMart, people seem to stand in places for no apparent reason. I wanted to check out the pre-packaged snacks, but there was a lady standing there on the phone. I have a real problem with this. She was just standing there cackling at her friend's obviously hysterical conversation. She didn't even seem to be looking for anything. She also seemed to be hard of hearing or very intent on letting everyone know how much she was enjoying her conversation. How is it that several years ago, heart surgeons had beepers and that would suffice? Now we all need a phone. I plead guilty to this. Regardless, when I'm in public, I go outside of the business to conduct my business. Or, I will text people. It's far less intrusive in others' lives. Regardless, if this is my biggest problem, my life is AWESOME.

And it is. I just made a chili-esque soup. I put a little ground beef, tomato paste, petite diced tomatoes, beef broth, black beans, navy beans, white corn, and a ton of chili powder, cayenne pepper, and onion powder in to simmer. I can't wait. It's gonna be deilicious and, along with a pasta casserole, the bulk of my meals this week! Yum!

Well, since I slept with some of my cooler season clothes on my bed last night, I'd better go put some of these up.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

A good sore feeling after running is nice on occasion!

I hate to burst your bubble, but gas is $2.23 here. LOL.