Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Am So Excited!

Okay, if you'd told me last year, I'd have had difficulty believing you. TODAY I RAN 6 (SIX) MILES! It took almost an hour and a half, but I did it! I decided that I could run a little more than my max, and since it was Saturday, and since I gained 0.4 pounds this week! Ugh! (Darn my friend Brian's mac and cheese! Not only did I eat it for dinner Thursday, but they made me a to-go plate for lunch Friday, and I would not say NO.) So, instead of balling up and getting sad, I decided I would do something proactive. Get myself into the right mode of eating and do some excellent workout work. And I did.

This running thing is so addicting. My friend Snoopy signed Fiona and me up for the 5K bridge run in December. Fiona declared that she will walk it. Snoopy is going to do the 10K. I'm very excited about this. The bridge has a 5.5% grade, so I'll be practicing at Mrs. C.'s on the treadmill with the incline cranked!

I think I'm going to pile up and go to bed. Running 6 miles is tiring!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and here I am trying to get my lazy butt out the door to run 2 miles!