Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Thinking. . .

I like this blogger's posts. She's very good. This post was particularly interesting to me. I like to read people's work that makes me think from a different perspective. Here is the post: http://thegreatfitnessexperiment.blogspot.com/2008/10/classic-eating-disorder-tips-make.html.



I never have thought of myself as having an eating disorder, but I guess by being obese, I do. I don't think it's as extreme as anorexia or bulimia, but it's still an attack on my body and wielding power over food.


I am trying to work through some issues. It's a constant struggle. It's weird though, because I don't feel as if I'm in that bad of a way. I've often said that I have reverse anorexia because I don't mentally realize how big I really am. It's kind of like when you've had long hair and get your hair cut and see yourself in the mirror. You keep thinking, "Hey who's that in my bathroom mirror? Oh wait, that's me with my short hair." I'm still around a size 12 or 14 in my mind. It's weird, I suppose. I guess we all have our deals to work out. That, in a nutshell is PART of mine!

No comments: