Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Am a Marinating Fool

I've got three different meats marinating in the fridge right now. Salmon in tequila-lime, pork chops in mesquite, and chicken in garlic-tomato-basil. I also was suckered in and bought one of those cheapish Reynolds air-sucker-outers. I have a friend who has the big, ornate atomic sucker outer that requires special plastic, etc., but I don't require that big of a deal. I thought that $10 was a pretty fair price to pay for seeing if it'd work. I smacked the chicken around a little with the meat-hammer, as I am fond of calling it. The other meat seemed okay without it.

It's about time to start cooking, so I'll holla back when I'm done. Later, tater!

Edit: 6:26 p.m. I have George-Foreman grilled myself into a frenzy. Verdict: The mesquite on the pork chops is just pretty much added salt and smoke flavor. Won't do that again. The garlic-tomato-basil is pretty garlicky, so it's not my favorite. It's still pretty good. I didn't try any of the salmon. I'm going to surprise myself with that tomorrow at school. All of these marinades started out in powder form. I chose them because all the pre-made ones have high fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient?!? This has driven me to the conclusion that I need to buy some spices at the local gourmet shop and make my own marinade. This will be a project for next week, since my meat situation for the week is settled!


A REALLY GOOD WAY TO WASTE VALUABLE TIME Okay, I'm not sure how I navigated to this page, but this listing of the top 100 of the past 50 years by Billboard Magazine is mesmerizing. Stevie B. really is a good singer. I hadn't thought of him in years. Also, John Lennon's "Starting Over" is pure genius. I remember hating it every time it came on the radio, but then again, I was around 11 at the time. Look through the list in descending order. I started at #1 and actually enjoyed the latter ones more than the top ones. There are some CrAzY ones in the list, but my sister and I took a walk down memory lane with it. Some of the ones that don't have a YouTube link actually are on YouTube, if you're interested.


Going to go finish my day. I've got to go work out. Mrs. C. has furnished a gym at her house that is open 24/7, so it's convenient for me . . . and cheaper than my current one.


May you all have an excellent week.

Shalom!

Edit: 9:43 p.m. It seems as if it's about 1 a.m. I still haven't done my lesson plans. I have been foraging like a bear going into hibernation. I've tried tea, water, and chocolate and "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." (Apologies to Bono and the boys. Incidentally, why does he wear windshield-style sunglasses? I don't understand this.) Ugh, I hate it when I'm in this mood/mode. I'm gonna wash some delicates and see if that helps.

'Night again.

No comments: