Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rant Alert!!!


I downloaded an AWESOME CD which promptly was added to my ipod, then I made a CD for school. The title of that CD? Well, it's "Italia" by Chris Botti. It is so, well, no better word than dreamy. I enjoy EVERY song. The prettiest, "Deborah's Theme" and "Gabriel's Oboe," are composed by Ennio Moriccone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ennio_Morricone). Based on the bit of research I did on him, he worked with Sergio Leone in the "spaghetti westerns" and that is primarily what he seems to be known for, but he does lovely work. This is the best, mostly instrumental CD I have. (You should really check out W.G. "Snuffy" Walden if you like instrumentals. He's a favorite as well, but he's more guitarish. Also he's the dude who came up with the presidential theme for The West Wing. And if you're close to 40, you'll remember 30something, which featured his music.) Be sure to get the deluxe edition. The songs that are bonuses really are bonuses for once, not just some crap they add to make you feel as if you're getting your money's worth.
Today has been pretty constructive. I've almost got my midterms completed for my classes. They are on Wednesday and Thursday!?! This is unprecedented and clearly something that is a pleasant surprise. I've also essentially got grades for one class done. I'll just add a few things from this week and the midterm. If tomorrow is as productive, I may not be losing my mind at the end of a nine weeks for once. I'm going to set that as my goal.
Well, I must sleep if I want to be productive tomorrow, which it already is now. . .

No comments: