Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday, I'm Baaaaaack!


Well, this week has been a total challenge, both personally and workly (okay, not a word, but I couldn't think of an appropriate one). I have just not been feeling right. It's not that I've been sick or anything specific. I've just been extremely tired and wanted to sleep for several days. I cried all the way home from work on Wednesday. I was trying to get my lesson plans done, but had stayed so late that mentally, I was exhausted. It was out of anguish; I just don't like to let something whip me. I'm much better now, though.

Part of my invigoration I watched The Biggest Loser on Thursday (via DVR) and I was renewed. I SO love Bob Harper, it's not funny. When the 62-year old grandpa ran to him, he became my favorite. I am also excited about Jillian returning. Is it wrong that I'm really pulling for the lady who hasn't been to her husband's Christmas party because her wedding pictures are so good she's embarrassed of how she looks now? But Pa-paw is my favorite (He's also got an AWESOME head of hair also.). Thirty-one pounds? Are you kidding me? I only wish that they'd give some kind of statistics breakdown for how much time they worked out and what they did. It would help people appreciate how much goes into such big weight losses.

It's been since Sunday that I've worked out. I'll go back tomorrow, but I've got to do a better job of getting to the gym. My heel started hurting again. I guess it's going to hurt if it's used or not. This year I'm sitting down much less while teaching, so I guess it stays aggravated. I suppose a little elliptical machine usage won't hurt it too much more. I've tried to stretch it out as per the websites that lead me to believe it's plantar fasciitis. I'm not going to the foot people unless it gets much worse. I've got enough medical worries right now.


We're watching the Georgia Southern/Coastal Carolina game. The Coastal Carolina mascot is the Chanticleer. Wow, what is that, you ask? Well, inquiring minds had to know. According to their website it's a very beautiful, cocky (no pun intended) rooster. It's taken from the Nun's Preist Tale in the Canterbury Tales. (Please see the logo above. I couldn't figure out how to move it.)



I'm going to grade some papers. What an electrifying evening for me, huh? I got two sets graded last night while listening to the football game on the radio at Snoopy's. I want to continue the magic and get my backlog cleared out so this week is better. I hope to sleep a little as well. I'm also planning on trying a new church in the morning. I have decided that even if I don't make it to the early service, I'll go to the later one. I may write again tomorrow. I KNOW it won't be a week this time.

No comments: