Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Friday, January 2, 2009

Matt

Well, this morning, I was aghast to hear my sister watching a video of Matt, the dancing guy. He was talking about how the video was a hoax. I could not believe that the Matt of "Where the Hell Is Matt" dancing video fame was disingenuous. I loved this video, as did most everyone who saw this video. I was astounded. Oh no, not this too. He talked of some company who sponsored it and that he was actually an out of work actor. Then he started talking about the animatronics. Whew! Dodged a bullet. The foundations of my very life would have been shaken. If you are one of the four people who haven't see it the video is here: original and the "hoax" admission.

Plans for this fine second day of the new year? Ummm. . . I think I'll go to the gym for a jog or maybe a jog/walk combo.

Another question. The song "Take You There" by Sean Kingston. What is this guy talking about? I really like this song, and since I'm so edgy it's been on my i-pod for ages. But it's been a favorite of my i-pod lately. (Incidentally, on a "shuffle songs" setting, does your i-pod pick certain songs or artists and get a favorite from time to time?) He talks about giving his girl a choice of going to "the slums where killers get hung" or "we can leave the slums and go to paradise." What kind of a choice is that? I know that he's trying to show off his "street cred" by saying that he can survive regardless of his environment. I don't know about all women (or as more of my students say than I'd like: womens), but I'd rather feel safe. Am I part of a sane minority? I feel crazier and crazier for having the capacity to use the powers of logic.

Well, that's all I've got right now. I'll holla later!

Peace.

No comments: