Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cross-Country Team Meet - NOT!


Well, today I showed up at school decked out in all my cross-country regalia. That consists of a cross-country t-shirt and khakis. I know, festive, right? Well, I took care of classes, had a good teaching day (or did as much as I could day, some students absorb, others work to learn, and others, well. . .). After doing my school thing, I ventured to our cross-country course. Well, I got there and we waited and waited and waited for the other team. They never showed. Snoopy (my friend and the coach) said that they didn't even call. Nice, huh? I hope nothing was awry, but it was one of those snotty private schools. It has the name of a denomination in it. They portray nothing of the beliefs they allegedly espouse in that faith. I oughta know, I used to be one! Regardless, what happened to common courtesy? About fifty people were inconvenienced by these people. What gives?

Where has the Preservation Hall Band been all my life (See the picture above)? See http://www.preservationhall.com/home.htm and http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=72743127 if you are interested in PHB. I am so digging my music player. I keep my blog up so I can listen to these AWESOME songs. I know that a couple of the songs will sling some profanity up in here. Well, I apologize, but I just love the new Kanye CD. (There's even an f-bomb or two on the selections. Be careful, little ears, what you hear.).

I'm going to Fiona's tomorrow night to have pre-game dinner/snackage. Will I go to the football game? It's away, so probably not. So that begs the question, "Will it be a pre-game dinner?" I'm standing by a hearty, "Yes!" because it is still before the game. Wow, I feel so much better now that that's cleared up.

Another day has passed without my going to the gym. What shall I do? To quote a favorite movie of mine, "I'll think about that tomorrow. (Music builds.) Tomorrow is another day." Tonight, I shall sleep. Good night all!

No comments: