Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hi, I've Been AWOL.

This week has been eventful and tiring. It's been homecoming week AND midterms. This is the second year in a row this debacle has occurred. Fortunately, we had a workday on Friday. Friday afternoon was the parade and last night was the game, WHICH OUR BOYS WON. We also had the notable situation of having our first Hispanic homecoming queen. It all was very tiring. We also get to celebrate Mr. Columbus' co-opting of Native American lands on Monday and even have Tuesday off. Then it's nine weeks and done with first semester.

Today, I have spent quite a lot of time catching up on my non-PBS TV-watching. Grey's Anatomy was surprisingly good on Thursday. Maybe I won't "quit" them after all. I really like how they are dealing with Meredith and her "don't call me her" sister. And what about Dr. Karev telling that meth lab guy off? Nice moment for him. I wish they would give Izzie some 'nads though, because her shrinking violet mode is annoying.

Friday Night Lights's writers made some interesting choices. I am so in love with the Kyle Chandler character. What is wrong with me? I can't wait to see what they're gonna do. Is the hateful I'm-a-bad-ass new coach gonna get fired and Coach Taylor step back in? I kinda want that to happen, but then that'd be predictable and these smart writers tend not to do the obvious.

I also tried DVR-serving of Pushing Daisies. Reeled in, reeled in! I SO love Kristin Chenowith and Chi McBride. And anything with Swoosie Kurtz is okay by me. Nice eye-patch BTW! I'll watch it again. I'm thinking of programming it in my DVR.

Also, because of prompting by friends that I think are pretty smart recommending it, I'm gonna watch The Office, or at least the hour-long premiere. Everyone says I'll like it, but the bits and pieces I've seen were just annoying to me. But maybe I'm ready for that, I don't know. We'll see.

Yes, all I've done is watch TV to recuperate from my week. I've also played with my nephew and spent some time with my sister and parents, but overall, I'm a TV junkie. LOVE IT. There have been some very nice surprises.

No comments: