Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

You've Got to Be Kidding Me, Nobel Committee!

Now that the warring factions of weather have been settled by the AWESOME Al Gore, I am going to sleep SO much better! What are they talking about? I cannot believe the Nobel Peace Prize went to Al Gore?!? IF you buy into his doomsday weather scenario, that's fine. I have no problem with that. I find it difficult to believe that God would allow us to destroy the earth He created, but if you are open to that, so be it. But come on Alists, Gorists, Global Warmalists, or whatever you call yourselves! I thought they believed that George Bush caused hurricane Katrina. Regardless, why is weather considered in the peace category? Help me out on this, PLEASE. I know a pack of winners, including Jimmy "I Can't Shut Up Bad-Mouthing My Own Country" Carter has received this award, so it's credibility with me has been diminished greatly, but at least he did something with people who were disagreeing.

On another front (no weather pun intended), last night Snoopy and I went over to Fiona's and enjoyed a dinner and just basic conversation. It was very fun. We wound up watching Friday Night Lights rather than going to the football game. I got home around 11:00p.m. and fell into bed.

I was awakened by The Child hollering "Nin, Nin." That's what he calls me now. He used to call me "Two." We've never been able to determine why that was my name, but that's the first thing he ever called me. The Child also now has his own bed. I told him I went in last night and saw him sleeping in his big-boy bed. I asked him how he liked his bed. His response, "Cool, cool," while nodding his head in agreement with himself. It's a little more than a month until his 2nd birthday and I don't know what Supermom and I are going to do with him. He is so funny now. God bless his future teachers. He basically has NO chance of being cordial with the sarcasm around here. Well, I guess I can hope for the best.

I forgot to DVR Pushing Daisies and something else I can't remember. I guess the I can't remember one doesn't need to be DVRed, upon reflection. And I can probably watch Pushing Daisies online, if it's that important.

I'm going to a picnic this afternoon, so I'm gonna go get ready so I can run some errands before I go!

Have a fantasic Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Completely agree. I'm astounded Gore won a Nobel Prize. I guess he advertised that book enough. Really!! (Don't be jumping off the BP bandwagon or the gym for that matter. Tighten it up, sister!)