Wow, this week has been pretty fun. It's been a little trying, after the big two weeks off, but I'm gonna be okay.
I got up at 7:15 and went to the gym at 8:00. It's nice to get in early on Saturdays, because there's an onslaught at around 10:00. Mrs. C. and I ellipticized. Then we coffeed. Supermom brought The Child to the coffee house.
Then I came home and piddled around doing whatever, mainly getting ready and watching You Are What You Eat on BBC/America (The link is to Gillian's web site because the show site is kinda lame). This show is AWESOME. Gillian is part of the reason I have been making different nutritional choices. (After I wrote this, I found some info online that Gillian has used the "Dr." title somewhat erroneously. This is the article. I still think that the gist of what she says works.)
Okay, for what the title says.
1. Eating almost-veg is not nearly as difficult or crazy-making as you would think.
2. Exercising six days a week will not kill you.
3. Something in all the fat- and sugar-laden foods I was eating was making me sleepy, very, very sleepy.
4. You can be nicer when you aren't abusing your body with not-as-nutritional foods.
5. I really like the eating fruit until noon. The first day I was REALLY hungry, but the next day I just added an extra piece of fruit.
6. A smoothie of frozen mixed berries, blueberries, and banana with 1/2 cup of orange juice for the blending is DELICIOUS.
7. A person can go to a pizza buffet and NOT eat four pieces of pizza.
Did I mention that the exercise/nutrition plan I've been following this week has helped me lose nine pounds?!? Yep, that's right. I know that's really a lot, but considering the drastic change and the level of my working out, I think it's appropriate. I feel GREAT.