Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

And the Resolutions Are Here!



Well, the tabulations have been done. I've read website after website (lifehacker, suite101, studyhacks, HealthMatters are among the best.).


I've decided on just a small number that will make the biggest impact on my life. I've even defined some within themselves, so hold on.

1. Health Department

I will monitor my eating. I'm going to eat fewer meat products. I am going to eat more fruits and veggies. I will eat fewer meals (especially breakfast) from fast-food (DEATH) establishments.

I will exercise on a regular basis. I'm working with Mrs. C. to go 100 miles (any cardio method) in eight weeks. We started on the 27th, to try to cut some of the holiday-added gut. I think we've both gotten in our thirteen plus miles for the first week. If we keep up this pace and add a BodyPump here and there, we should be good.
I would like these endeavors to help me lose a total of 76 pounds this year.


2. Work Department
I am going to stay at school late only on Mondays and Wednesdays. Other days, with the exception of concession stand days(Tuesdays and Fridays, potentially, during basketball season), I will stay no later than 4:15. There will be times during the spring that I'll stay forever to watch some baseball games (Baseball is my favorite sport to watch.) and tennis matches. But, I've got to get back in balance with school-time and life-time.

In conjunction with this, I am going to make sure that papers get graded within a two business- day time frame. In order to do this, I will have to make much better use of my planning block. I've got an hour-and-a-half. I need to use it more appropriately.


3. Fun/Brain Department
I am going to read the equivalent of two books a month. I should really read one every week, but I want to leave a little wiggle room. Goodreads is a good way to keep track of what you want to read.

Do well with your endeavors for the new year!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those sound like reasonable thought out resolution/goals. You are an inspiration. Thanks for the goodread link. I'm going to check it out! Thanks friend!