Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Disappointment

Weird. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Why do people try to steal other people's joy? Why do some people use their influence to hurt people? How unhappy does someone have to be to be the one to perpetrate this kind of crap? I am very disappointed in what has happened at my job. I can't really say, because well, you know, I'd like to keep my job.

One person has a project, is enthusiastic about it, has done a TON of leg work on it, but seems to be unsuitable. "How about so-and-so doing it? Would it be okay with you? Think about it and let me know." Clearly the decision had already been made. What does a person say in a situation like that? "Hell to the no! I've already worked my ass off and the plans are in motion!" How about that would slightly cross the line of being unprofessional?

I know that soon I'll be too busy to worry about this and the person concerned will be fine, but it's not fair. "Grown-ups" playing favorites is not cool.

On another front, the closet still not completely finished. UGH. I guess that if that is my worst trouble, my life is a bed of daisies. Lucky me!

No comments: