Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Is It Wednesday Already?

Why does it seem that time passes more quickly during the summer than it does during the school year? This is my next-to-last week and I have declared it the week of doing nothing. It's my homage to the Congress. Only I'm not gratuitously spending money.

I started watching Hotel Rwanda. I can't stand a movie with an impending sense of doom, or ISD, as my friends have come to know it. I realized this when watching the movie U-571. It brought on the worst headache I've ever had. I couldn't finish watching the movie. I thought my head would explode. But, since so many people have told me how much I need to see Hotel Rwanda , I am determined to watch the entire movie. I'm feeling the same thing about Cinderella Man. I know that I should have seen these long ago, but just haven't been able to make myself sit down and watch them. I know if I don't do it this summer, they'll still be on the DVR list come next summer.

I received my "Hey y'all, come on back to school" letter today. Our principal is FANTASTIC. I'm not being sarcastic. I really do love him. He looks out for the students and teachers and also wants to have good communication with parents. This will be his second year and I am anticipating that it should be a good one.

Good news, my room SHOULD be ready before school starts, air and all! I'm very excited about this. Heard through a third party that my room may be being painted during pre-planning, but at least I'll be getting back there sooner than I'd anticipated.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the gym. Really thinking of NOT. I think I'm gonna stay home and go to bed early. Tomorrow morning BodyPump is at 5:30 a.m., and I'm planning on doing a little treadmill action also. That helps me rationalize not going today.

No comments: