Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Friday, July 27, 2007

So, how did I spend my last free day?

Well, I have done very little. I watched "The View" because John Travolta and Queen Latifah were on there hawking Hairspray. I was excited to hear that Sherry Sheppard will likely be one of the replacement people. I like her. Whoopi, not so much. I think Whoopi is very funny, but am not sure how I'll feel about her moderating. I'm on a totally different political plain than she is. A friend of mine, Mrs. C. (not to be confused with Marion Cunningham, she's certainly not that) said that Whoopi was okay. I'll have to wait and see.

I bought some organizational tubs and Supermom got me some folders, so when I'm through with this, I'm gonna go in there and get some semblance of a storage order for my closet. I have one tiny closet, so it houses clothes and a lot of other items.

I chose not to go to the gym again today. I AM going to get up and go tomorrow. Mrs. C. wants me to go to the yoga-ish class, and I really can't come up with a good reason for not going. I am planning on treadmilling prior to that.

Have I told you about my friend and colleague Snoopy? Snoopy is undoubtedly the best teacher in my school. Snoopy teaches the WHOLE person, addressing scholastic needs, but realizing that if personal needs aren't met, then scholastic needs don't even matter. She has turned out to be one of the people in this world that I trust the most. She hasn't a judgmental bone in her body. And, most importantly, Snoopy does the hamster dance like it's her business. With relish and reckless abandon. And yes, children have been scarred by seeing this manifestation of joy. Also, she can't wait until fall comes and Starbuck's starts serving pumpkin lattes.

Grandmomma and Bubba will be visiting The Child tomorrow. So I'd better go tidy up for their visit. Happy day to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the bubba coming with grandmomma is not the same bubba mentioned yesterday, true? Speaking of the other bubba, he called us last night!

hepsmom said...

Yes, you are correct. Bubba, Sr. was named by The Child. So you are right. No friends from TN will be visiting with my momma! Thanks for the correction!