Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not much is going on here and I am glad.

Well, yesterday was a pretty boring day. That is perfectly good day as far as I'm concerned.

It's T-13 for me. We start pre-planning on June 30th. I will be glad to see all of my colleagues. There is the debacle of the air-conditioning installation, or lack thereof. Our building is separate from the "main" building of the school and our air was controlled by some secret governmental group. I am a big girl, and you really don't want an angry, sweaty big girl. Last year during our open house, all dressed up, the temperature in the building was high 80's (F). Finally one of the influential board members experienced this and we are getting new air conditioning, for which I am TOTALLY thankful. However, the Harvard-yard brainiac who is our architect, ordered the wrong units. This is causing there to be a GREAT crunch in time. I have arranged to borrow a lab from one of the science teachers. They think I'm kidding, but I'm afraid I'll have to teach out of this strange room. I know that there are plenty of people who do this all the time. KUDOS to you because you are better people than I am. I like having my stuff around me, like I like it. However, if they give me a room a little later with HVAC that I can control, it's a small price to pay.

In a totally unrelated area, I am happy to say that I have a new obsession. While flipping the channels last night, I landed on the Victoria Beckham reality show. I cannot tell you how entertaining it was. If you'd asked me if I was going to watch it, I would've been very offended and given a big no. Well, I watched just a little bit and I was HOOKED. She is, in her vernacular, "MAJOR." I love how she confronted Perez Hilton. I'm sure alot of this show was staged, but it was hilarious. When she went to a neighborhood welcome party and was confronted by plastic-surgeried, cat-looking women, all of whom were well past 40, she could have been very condescending, but she was very sweet. I enjoyed this show SO much that I e-mailed NBC to ask them to continue it. There wasn't much Mr. Beckham in it, but maybe there can be more later.

I went to the gym at 5:30 this morning for the BodyPump class. The regular teacher is on vacation, so someone was supposed to fill in. They didn't. This is the first time this has happened since I've been going to the gym. And, if this is the worst thing in my life, my life is AWESOME! But just being up that early and all set for the workout, it was a little disappointing. Of course, I just hopped on a treadmill and did my 50-minute workout. Some of the people who were there were just furious. I hope they let us know before Thursday morning's class if no one is available to teach.

Yesterday I did make it to the gym, after postponing it most of the day. I did 2.25 miles, just the interval training on the Podfitness workout.

No comments: