Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!



Okay, I don't know what's up with the focus of my camera phone, maybe I was too close to my subject? Regardless, this is what was left of my Sweet Potato(e optional for all non-Dan Quayles) Casserole. I made it based on the recipe from the America's Test Kitchen website (http://americastestkitchen.com/recipe.asp?recipeids=2641&iSeason=6 You have to register to get it, but it's worth it. Just be sure to tell them, via the form, that you'd rather not receive their well-meaning, but stuff-hawking e-mails.)

Well, I've had pretty good success with their recipes in the past, so when I saw this Saturday, I had a pretty good inkling that it'd be good. Well, it WAS. Delicious. A lot of brown sugar and butter, but once a year, it's not SO bad.

The EVENT today was at my daddy's oldest brother's house. He's know for his frugality. His wife always has the house in perfect condition, and it's on a lovely lot where the kids can play. Oh, the great-grands that were in attendance. And one (my brother and his wife's) on the way!

Decided that I'd go back home tomorrow. It's gotten so that my diddy has to keep the house WAY warm, due to his health. I can't live 20 degrees warmer than I am accustomed to. Right now the heat is CRANKING. Ugh. But, I do love my parents. And, since I live with The Child, I get to see them nearly every weekend, so I see them (and they me) plenty!

I hope that all of you had a day as wonderful and peaceful and as mine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who's the little guy guarding the casserole like a hawk? yum. missed mine this year.