Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Finally, One Semester Down!



This is what a semester without a planning block results in! Dear Lord, please help this poor colleague of mine. BTW, this is Dude. He's the Goldilocks (in brunette form) of the math department. Oh, and the product he goes through in that hair, you wouldn't believe.

Yes, it's true. The semester is O-V-E-R. And the results of the EOCT (end-of-course test) are in. Not good. I don't know if it's just our school, but this crop of sophomores is underwhelming at best. They seem, as a group, to have little focus and even less desire to do work. It's really exasperating. I want more for them than they have. I try to let them know that choices made to make today easy make their collective future even more challenging.

I got my Christmas shopping done for the familials. I am SO happy. I only had to look at two people to get it done! Thank you Barnes and Noble and Lands' End! Love you SO much. Ever been in the overstocks section? Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Good quality at a low price. Also, I set up the same order at Barnes and Noble and amazon.com. I don't know if I'm just forever away, but they wanted an additional $20 for shipping. With the B&N discount card and free shipping, I was able to get the The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Power Sculpt in addition AND wound up about $11 up. No KY necessary. Thanks B&N.

Have you seen the Hillary Clinton pictures on the internet? Are these doctored or has being on the road aged her that much? I'm obviously NOT a Hill or Bill fan, but wow. I hope it's not taken that much of a toll on the Mrs. She looked like Lady Elaine Fairchild from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. Bless her. Really. Alleged dirty tricks and all. Nobody deserves that. And all the pundits talking about how nobody wants to look at an old-lady president. Thanks for the lack of creativity right-wingers. Give me some substantive complaints.

Tomorrow is the last day for me and my 4 wisdom teeth. I'm slightly nervous, but I think I'll be okay. Mrs. C. is accompanying me to the surgery. Yikes!

No comments: