Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Monday, December 3, 2007

Getting on the Hamster Wheel

Okay, I am already exhausted and it's just Monday. It was a crazy day. I'm not sure why, but this week is ARRGGHHH! End-of-Course Tests begin this week. My people are SO not ready. It's really depressing. It's as if they don't understand the impact the test will have on their grade-- and it's not for a lack of my telling them. Why do my students think that they need only pay attention for two or three days a week? How can I make somebody do something? Better yet, how can I encourage someone to want to do something?

Well, tomorrow is basketball. That means CONCESSION STAND. That means FUN. I love working the concession stand. People are happy. They're even happier when they have a hotdog, a Coke, and a Reese cup.

Wednesday is a catch-my-breath day. Thursday is doing the book for C-team basketball. And Friday is another ballgame.

See ya back here on Saturday morning!

No comments: