Struggles of a Teacher Person

Struggles of a Teacher Person
GEORGIA ROCKS! A road I drive on to work, lucky me!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ramblings

I just listened to a great interview with Darlene Love. If you share my appreciation for her exceptional vocal talent, check this out after noon on Sunday (Time is according to the website.): Darlene Love on NPR. She is the singer from Phil Spector's Wall of Sound days. They were before his Yahoo Serious hairstyle days. Her voice is BOOMING. She also seems like a delightful person.

I am looking for something to give some of my colleagues at work. I have made cookies in the past, but I want to do something different this time. I may make Christmas CDs for them. It's kind of weird, but I don't want to force my Christmas deal on them. Some of these people are crazy-religious and others, not so much. I think my mix isn't too wildly religious or not. I don't know what I'll wind up doing. I may do what I did last year-- give nothing. My body is breaking down. I always get sick during holidays. I guess I do because I tell myself that I do. I am five Kleenexes in today, so I'm not exactly feeling like doing anything that's gonna require much work. I guess making CDs isn't very labor intensive, but I just want to lie down in the fetal position in my burgandy t-shirt sheets and groan.

I drank some green tea with honey. Is this the magic bullet? I'm hoping so.

Maybe I'll be back later today, or maybe I'll sleep?

No comments: